Monday, December 15, 2008

Yay Rain!

I think the rainy season finally hit the Bay Area and it's beautiful! It's not snow, but I'll take it. The clouds, I should have taken pictures earlier. Ah well, I am a sad waste of a photojournalism degree. Next time maybe I won't suck and I'll remember to take pictures. Speaking of a sad waste, I'm still unemployed. Oh boy! I graduated a year ago, I've put in hundreds of job applications and STILL haven't gotten an interview call yet. Ha! I feel like such a winner! (A winner is me?) Boo. I'm so broke in fact that I've had to stop spending as much time as I'd like on Etsy and Boing Boing, because they keep showing me the perfect gifts I can't afford to get my loved ones. Thanks guys.

I know I'm in good company though. While yet another Wall Street scandal has hit the presses, the Detroit papers have decided to stop home delivery, California's Republicans are calling for mass layoffs, and even the Gawker affiliates are having to cut back staff and hours, it's not feeling much like Christmas. I've canceled all of the holiday movies from my Netflix queue and I'm inclined to just take down all what little decor I've put up and call it a year. As a state and a country, we are fucked and we're going to continue feeling the drippy, stretched-out, sore orifice of said fucking for quite some time, probably still long after Obama takes office. While I'm looking forward to January 20th as much as any raging liberal, it's going to be long time before Obama will be able to implement his proposed changes in a way that you and I can actually feel.

Sorry for the downer post. Maybe it's the weather; maybe it's the bourbon-spiked eggnog, but I'm cranky and contemplative tonight, so this is it, my triumphant return to news analysis. But just because you all know that I hate to end on a sour note, I give to you the most pleasing intensely NSFW photo gallery I've seen in a long time. Maybe the best things in life really are free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The problem is elementary. All your woes are the direct result of putting bourbon in your eggnog. Everyone knows that rum is the alcohol of choice for spiking 'nog.

Who were you thinking would appreciate the tentacle earrings?

The Fat Yogini said...

yer mom

sienna

myself

miss bl00

any number of people

They're just so cute!

Also, I only like rum when I can't taste it. Take me to the Tiki Bar!