Friday, September 26, 2008

The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!

Who else is burnt out on the news this week? Raise your hands! Between the terrifying state of the economy, Palin-Watch 2008, and threats of a "New Cold War" with Russia, I am actively avoiding the news. I feel like I have the basic gist of anything that could possibly be said: The economy is in the shitter, it's not going to get better for a long time, any past headway gained against terrorism in the Middle East has been completely invalidated, Google is taking over the world, McCain-Palin are incompetent and the apocalypse is nye. Did I pretty much cover it? So yeah, no more news for me for a while. Not even the Daily Show.

This morning, my partner and I were trying to remember who has been bought out by what and who is still standing and between the two of us we could not sort it out. What a mess! The one comment I will make, however, is that I truly hope the $700 billion bail-out does not get approved, because all of those greedy, incompetent boobs made their beds. Let those pigs go lie in them so the fall of capitalism may usher in the revolution! The oligarchical demise is so close I can taste the blood of the guilty and it is yummy, like cotton candy and dreams.

Last week, we got a cat, and today he ate my purse. (If that's not an approriate metaphor for the economy, I don't know what is.) Besides the purse eating, air mattress puncturing, and fish tormenting, he is pretty damn adorable. To distract you from the end of the world I give you:



(I don't actually have any pix of him yet, but that's a pretty accurate representation of The Honorable Sir Worchester Noodle)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A purse is not food.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wFnNB6ra3o

(In actual commenting; yes. It's not been a good week to be sober / news-savvy.)

Unknown said...

"The Honorable Sir Worchester Noodle"?

Honestly?

The Fat Yogini said...

yep. Worchester is pronounced old school style-"Wooster," and you should come meet him some time.