Sunday, December 23, 2007

Crawling Out of the Academic Abyss

Hello Blogosphere, I have returned with a new blog and a new outlook on style, anarchism, and generally monkey-wrenching with paradigms. It's been far too long, but alas, I am apparently too scattered to multi-task academia, traditional journalism, and the upkeep of a blog worth reading. For those intrepid souls who have happened upon this humble blog (which will become less humble as the weeks progress, I assure you), I will tell you a bit about myself and what I hope this blog will become. I'm older than I look, younger than I act, and I have Bachelor Degrees in both journalism and anthropology with a minor in making traditionalists squirm. I thought I wanted to be a lawyer, but now I'm thinking, no. Which leaves me with an entire world of options outside of lawyering with which I can cause havoc and mayhem on the system, while simultaneously saving the planet. Oh yes, I have lofty ambitions.

I have, for the past year and half, had a weekly column in the newspaper of my alma mater, the archives of which you can find here. Now you know my name, which is quite fine by me. How you doin? Some people have said that I'm too left for their taste, others have said I'm a walking contradiction. That may be true, but I self identify as a perpetually amused news junkie with a dirty mind. It is my goal with this blog to collect the odd, sexy, wonderful, and infuriating things floating around the web and the world for your enjoyment and edification while yammering on like I used to get paid to do in my newspaper, because it's only been a few weeks, but I miss it already. Also, I am a whore for music and music photography, so there will be some posts involving my thoughts on the music industry here and there, I'm sure.

For now, I leave you with my favorite holiday gift idea. Etsy is a damn cool site. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Chach said...

Have you considered being a nice, quiet housewife? :)

The Fat Yogini said...

I'm very nice and I am a domestic goddess (sad I never got to cook for you), but quiet'll never happen.