Saturday, April 11, 2009

Yeah, it's Been a While

Okay, I have an explanation. In late January, a family member's chronic health condition had a month and half long flare-up, the care of which took precedent over everything else for a while. Then I had a pretty nice, yet exhausting temp job for a few weeks. Finally, I was struck with the immense task of following up my last post, which was arguably the biggest news story since the dissolution of the Soviet Union. I mean, really, what can immediately follow the Obama election without seeming fairly inconsequential?

Oh, I know. How about North Korea launching a test missile in a grand display of fear-monguering and penis waggling. Yes, we get it Kim, you're a crazy motherfucker, but this is no way to go about earning anything resembling respect or legitimacy in the international community. Between North Korea wanting to blow everyone up, the unrest in Pakistan getting worse by the day, the economy, and the general doom, gloom, end of days crap that's going around, I think the world needs a little bit of levity. Seth Rogan, what have you got for us? An elaborate stunt to put date rape humor into the mainstream?

Really, Seth? Really? I quit. ::headdesk::

Thankfully, I can always look to the scientific front for news that doesn't make me want to jump off a building. The 2009 Medical Design Excellence Award winners were announced this week and they are really exciting. This year's winners include a body-suit that quickly cools the body temperature down to hybernation in the midst of a heart attack or stroke to buy time against brain damage and a bunch of other freaking awesome devices that you should just check out yourself. Also, scientists have determined that eating baby broccoli might prevent stomach cancer and other digestive ailments. Yay science! Now if they could just find a common food that defends against severe spring allergies, I'd be good to go.

To my dedicated readers, if I have any left, I just want to say thanks for your patience and your continued support.

No comments: